Saturday, July 21, 2012

Texas Tuna

This recipe is totally inspired by my favorite sandwich shop, Thundercloud Subs.  Not only is it MY favorite, but my very intelligent so thinks it's pretty great too!  We've been there for several lunch dates this summer...when it's his turn to pick, I know where we're going!

While he usually gets a small grown up sub now, I usually mix it up a little.  I'd never tried their tuna sandwich until my husband said he loved it.  Well, I of course did too, and one Sunday afternoon decided to make a copycat version.  It's not the same, but it's delish, of course!!

Texas Tuna

1 pouch tunafish (or 2 if you're sharing)
avocado (sliced on top or mashed in to give tuna a binder)
pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
dill relish
mustard
mayo (I use very little, maybe a teaspoon)
garlic powder
cumin
lime juice

Everything is to taste.  If you like it, put a lot; if you don't, skip it or just put a little.  This really is yummy.  Great on any bread, cracker, or just eat it with a fork!



No comments:

Post a Comment